• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with Dell 2405fpw

aural iNK

n00b
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
2
Hi guys, wondering if anyone else is having this problem and can help me out. I have a new 2405fpw connected to an eVGA 6800gs via DVI @ 1920x1200. Occasionally I get a ~1" vertical band of scattered sparkling green pixels running up the left side of the monitor. It will most commonly show around the text in the start menu, the mouse pointer's shadow, and around text in the toolbar of Firefox. I tried switching to the DSUB but it doesn't help things. I tried calling Dell to see what's up, but they claim it's the GPU and won't offer any support. A bit of research revealed that this problem is not uncommon among Apple Cinema Display users whom I suppose have the same panel. Any ideas on this one?
 
Trying swapping out the video card with something else to see if thats the problem.
 
Might try swapping the DVI cable as well. Cheapo cables can cause problems. Of course, if you already have a good cable......??
 
Back
Top