• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem with ATI Radeon 9600 PRO

asyncd

n00b
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
24
Good Day,

I purchased an ATI Radeon 9600 PRO video card.
The link to this card is here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-131-219&depa=0

I have the following hardware:

MSI K7N2 Delta2 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Processor
512MB of PC2700 RAM

This is the only video card that has been installed in this machine. I have installed DX 9.0c and installed the lastest video driver for the card. Whenever I watch movies in Windows Media Player or play any type of game, I get strange red lines across the screen. Has anybody ever had this problem before? I'm not sure how to resolve this problem.
Thanks for any input.
 
Lower the video acceleration a notch to see if it works. But you better RMA the card.
 
I have the same card, but mine's by Sapphire.
Pretty decent card plays most games =)
even CS source.

However if any other users could u post your 9600 Pro OC's?

Mine is core 434 mem 243
 
Spike23 said:
I have the same card, but mine's by Sapphire.
Pretty decent card plays most games =)
even CS source.

However if any other users could u post your 9600 Pro OC's?

Mine is core 434 mem 243

mines came stock at 400/400, i run at 420/420
 
Mines in sig. I would try lowering your agp bus to 4x. Mine won't run at all on 8x.
 
Spike23 said:
I have the same card, but mine's by Sapphire.
Pretty decent card plays most games =)
even CS source.

However if any other users could u post your 9600 Pro OC's?

Mine is core 434 mem 243

I had a Gigabyte one about a year and a bit back and I'm sure I hit 505 core, with stock cooling....cant remember with memory tho, but i did put copper ramsinks on the memory to help. That card did overclock like hell :)
 
Back
Top