Problem with 9600XT

asafsarid

Weaksauce
hey everyone!
I got a new computer with Sapphire 9600XT 128MB.
I have a problem with it, I think it is in the software, in the bios I did AGP x8 256MB and Fast Write Enabled.
and when I go to the driver I have there Direct3D and openGL and there I put them two on AGP x8.
and I have another tab there that I can put it at AGP x8, and connect the Fast Write.
I did it, did restart and then the computer was working slow, the menues are opening slowly and everything is slow.
Someone knows what is the problem and what can I do to fix it.
Thanks,
Asaf.

I think you have too much of your system memory allocated for AGP. Try bumping it down to 128.

Recommended size for AGP aperture is 25% of your total system RAM. I second the aperture down to 128

Make sure you have DirectX 9.0b End User Runtimes.
Uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers.

I'm not sure of any 8X AGP problems on the NF7 so I think that should be alright. I'd set your AGP Aperture size to 128MB because more is just allocating system memory when the video card's memory is entirely used, which is rare. It only makes the GART (Graphics Address Remapping Table) Table bigger because every 4K page has its own entry, no matter if allocated or not.

don't work...
I put it to 128MB
and it still doing it...
well, now when I restart my computer and it loads everything is slow, after a while, the screen is like shutting down and then it comes up and work regular, but the AGP is turned off, and the fast write.
and when I go to a game it isn't looking good, in a gf4 it looks better and runs better...

Back