Problem with 3870 and two unlike monitors

Chrisbe

n00b
I just replaced my Radeon X1900 and my 17 inch 4x3 monitor with a Radeon 3870 and a 24 inch widescreen. The 24 inch is my main monitor. I also have this card connected to my HDTV. I don't use the HDTV setup very often but sometimes it is nice to put the PC on the TV. With the 1900 I created profiles that I would switch to using hotkeys. I set up the same with the 3870. Keep in mind that each monitor needs a different set up. In my profiles I have settings for just the 24 inch, for just the HDTV, with both (using a resolution that works for the HDTV and so so for the PC), for extended, etc.

What is happening is every time I turn on the TV my PC recognizes this and enables the second monitor (which of course is disable when just using the main LCD). The main issue is that I am not able to keep my settings for the 24 inch once the second monitor is enabled - it turns from a 16x10 to a 16x9 (1920x1200 to 1920x1080). This is annoying and I do not know how to set up the catalyst manager to not enable the second monitor when the TV is turned on. Any ideas? Everytime I turn on the TV this happens :(

Back