Problem installing WoW in Vista64

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Ok I go to install World Of Warcraft tonight on my fresh Vista64 install, that still has me on pins and needles as if it is stable yet ?......So I go to put the first WoW cd in, and click install and right away some admin/security window opens asking me if it is ok to install this .exe, I of course click yes :rolleyes:

Well for every cd in the WoW install the window pops up asking me, which seems to pause the game installation ?......Well on the fourth cd my harddrive is going crazy in the back ground working on something all of sudden, way more than just the WoW install, so the window takes alot longer to finally ask me to allow the fourth cd to isntall, then an error comes up and says I need to start over to isntall WoW :rolleyes:

Is there any way to delete or stop this thing form asking me if I am allowed to pick my nose ?

Anyone know how to disable this little pop up everytime I put a new cd in ?

wow has never installed correctly for me using the disks. save the disks to your hard drive then install from there, it'll be fine.

as for the popup you gotta disable it in your windows secruity alerts or something to do with admin powers.. i forget. i dont mind it

Zorachus.... World of Warcraft Burning Crusade DOES WORK on vista 64 bit -_-;; i'm using it.

Some people are having issues installing burning crusade, the solution is to copy the files from the cd onto your computer and put them all into the same folder, and then run it to install.

If it prompts you is it ok to install, just click yes.... You only need to do this to install and when its done, you don't need to bother with that anymore so...

:rolleyes:

Strange, I had no problems installing WoW/Burning Crusade on Vista64 Business. Two things to try: Copy to files to your HD like others have said, or you can go to FilePlanet and download the WoW Trial .zip they have which has Patch 1.11 on it. I find it useful as I dont need to keep swapping CD's and it requires very little updating for the most part.

Alternatively you can disable the UAC for the duration of the install (requires a restart) and reneable it after.

Or you could just copy over the folder of a working WoW install from XP... works fine. WoW doesn't "install" really, it just copies and extracts to a folder. No need for registry settings.

Or you could just copy over the folder of a working WoW install from XP... works fine. WoW doesn't "install" really, it just copies and extracts to a folder. No need for registry settings.

Ok I have Wow on my Wifey's system sitting next to me, how do I locate it and copy it to my computer

Well, rightclickt the shortcut of WoW and look at the properties, it will tell you which folder it is in and the path. Just copy the whole folder to your machine, and that's it.

Ok I have Wow on my Wifey's system sitting next to me, how do I locate it and copy it to my computer

My Computer --> C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft

Copy

On your Computer

Computer --> C:\Program Files (x86)\*Paste Folder*

Assuming you did no partitioning of the drives i.e. System vs Data.

Well, rightclickt the shortcut of WoW and look at the properties, it will tell you which folder it is in and the path. Just copy the whole folder to your machine, and that's it.

So just right click on my WoW icon on desktop on my Wifey's WinXP system and press copy ?......then open up my Vista64 C;drive and go to Program Files (x86) and right clikc that with paste ?

How the heck are the two computers going to know where to copy to and where to paste from ?......I click paste in Vsita64 and there is nothing to Paste so this doesnt make sense to me

Back