• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem Installing Imtel Rapid Storage Driver

yossarian

Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
799
So I got that refurbished Corsair Nova 128 SSD for my 3 year old Dell 1520 laptop. This laptop uses an Intel Mobile 965 chipset, and ACHI is enabled. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it's patched up. But when I try to install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Driver (ver 10.6.0.1002) it says my system doesn't meet the requirements. The 965 chipset is listed for it, so what could be the problem?
 
AHCI enabled in the bios?

RST driver installs fine on my 1520, seem to think there's any option for the ide mode in the bios.
 
AHCI enabled in the bios?

RST driver installs fine on my 1520, seem to think there's any option for the ide mode in the bios.

Yeah, it is now. I'm not certain if it was when I installed it, but I made sure it's now enabled. And yes, there's only a choice between ATA and AHCI. I'm using bios A03 and the latest is A09. Maybe updating that will help. Thanks for letting me know that it should work...
 
Back
Top