• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem adjusting volume with maya 7.1, also headset issues

Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
2,173
I bought an Audiotrak maya 7.1 Gold soundcard a while ago because I thought it was a good deal at $20. Ever since I have had it, however, I have been unable to adjust the volume using the windows volume control. Just for reference, all output sliders are all of the way up. When I move the master slider, there is no change in volume. Now, while I can adjust the volume using the maya console by the time, it is somewhat limited. Fortunately, my logitech z640s have a manual volume knob, and I tend to use that.

Recently, I bought a new headset for gaming/LANs. Here is the problem: Even when I adjust the volume all of the way up on the headset, windows (which has no effect), and audiotrak's application, the volume is not high enough for my liking. I also noticed that there is some distortion with some music...something that often happens when the volume is too high. I hooked the headset up to my laptop and played the same exact mp3 and there was no distortion. What might cause this?

I've tried 2 sets of drivers: the ones that came with the CD and a slightly newer version. I haven't found any new drivers.

I wonder if I should just ditch the soundcard and go back to onboard...but I want to avoid doing that (my mobo is in my sig, and the onboard AC97 is a realtek chip IIRC). I also want to avoid buying another soundcard due to monetary contraints.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
I wonder if I should just ditch the soundcard and go back to onboard.

I would
(it's only a matter of which one works better cause the sound quality from both of them leaves a lot to be desired)
 
Can anyone recommend a good soundcard for less than $50, or do they not exist? My main gripe about buying a soundcard now is I want to wait for PCI-E 1x cards to become more popular. Granted, I don't have a PCI-E system now, but from what I have seen, the legacy PCI slots are limited on SLI/crossfire boards.
 
Back
Top