*PRICE DROP* 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System $8.73 AR

doyoumaking

Limp Gawd
Find that Amazon just dropped the price of the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System to $11.73. Add the $3.00 Rebate on and your final cost is $8.73!

Quote a review here:
Nail polish remover and a rag work best. Then afterwards, polish with plain white toothpaste and a new rag. Did wonders for my foggy headlights.

Last edited:
$9.95 shipping killed it for me.

Deal is dead now, but if you click "see more buying choices" you would have seen the Amazon price of 11 bucks and change.

Btw, its just a foam wheel and some polish/cutter. You can do the same thing with a tube of System One or Megs Solo.

Btw, its just a foam wheel and some polish/cutter. You can do the same thing with a tube of System One or Megs Solo.

It also comes with a variety of sandpaper discs and of course pretty good instructions. I use this on my Cadillac CTS (notorious for the "headlight coating" looking horrible after a while) and it worked very well.

Here are some photos (posted these on a cadillac forum last year):

Kit Contents:

Before:

During:

After:

What the HELL did you drive through to get your headlights scratched that bad? lol. My 50k mile Corolla headlights aren't scratched at all...

The headlights have some sort of anti-scratch / anti-fade coating. Unfortunately the coating itself is scratched much more easily than the plastic, making it basically just a hassle. I sanded all of the coating off and polished, and have not noticed any substantial scratches since then. Plenty of other CTS owners have had this problem (presumably it's fixed in the newer Cadillacs -- this one is a 2005) Car had ~ 60k miles at the time of photos.

EDIT: And by the way, I am in NJ. If you've ever been here you will know what that means.

Well that kinda sucks.
And I lived in CT for a while, and drove through Nj a few times. Again, that kinda sucks.:D:p

You can get the same results using rubbing compound, then polishing compound and finish off with a good paste wax. Been doing it that way for years and it works. :cool:

i laugh when i see cars that carry a hefty pricetag because theyre supposed to be higher quality when really its like buying a Pyle AllinOne dvd toucscreen player that does a lot of things poorly....

You can get the same results using rubbing compound, then polishing compound and finish off with a good paste wax. Been doing it that way for years and it works. :cool:

I know huh? I dunno how detailers managed without this product for generations? And if it gets bad, wet sand baby.

My car's headlights are in bad need of restoration due to the fog/yellowing effect. I saw this deal on SD, but by the time I got home to buy it, the deal had expired. The local stores, like Pepboys and Autozone, charge some $20 for it, I think.

Back