Presscott

fliptastic

n00b
when does the actual RETAIL version come out, and is it true the motherboards will ha e DDRII?????

Prescott is out now. "cpu"
It's the P4-E cpu.

The next round of motherboards this fall will be using DDR-2.
They will also sport new sockets for the new cpu's coming this summer- fall.

Actually, the Alderwood and Grantsdale mainboards are luanching this April to support the LGA 3.6E.

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
Actually, the Alderwood and Grantsdale mainboards are luanching this April to support the LGA 3.6E.

Correct! I bet alienware is one of the first to have them out...;) :D....actually they probably will...lol.

DDR2 doesn't look like much fun to me though.

I would not recomend buying a prescott until it hits around 4ghz.

The cpu does not outperform the current Northwood clock for techical reasons; not the least of which is its much longer pipeline.

Current boards which tout prescott support barely funcition properly and at very high temperatures.

I would wait for the next gen boards and PCIe video cards.

Best bang on the Prescott i will be this time next year. Until then enjoy 200 dollar 3.4 ghz Northwoods in about two months. lol

I concur about the prescott. 4ghz should be the point where the Prescott can outperform the northwood clock for clock. Hey, Jacuzz, I didn't know you registered lol. You never told me!

Yes the Prescott will make sense as it hits it stride around 4ghz

Hello computer pro. Yes I decided to register today. I thought it would be interesting after seeing your power supply modification post in the oc section.

I wish alot of the general hardware guys spent a little time in the oc section.

I have detected a lack of appreciation regarding the importance that a good power supply has regarding system stability.

I have seen a multitude of issues that could be directly attributed to a poorly desinged display and on at least one occasion the possibility was completely dismissed as even being remotely possible.

ANyway good to see you.

PS fogive my typing My son jacob was and is tugging at me

Corrections

Desing = design

and i was thinking power supply and typed display lol

Yes, well hopefully on the new mobos/sockets/steppings you can take the 3.6E an OC it to at least 4.4 on air.

And Bat, that brings up a question I actually have. Does Alienware get/sell Engineering Samples? Could I request ESs over retails?

Back