• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Prescott P4 775

Joined
Jul 28, 2005
Messages
2,836
I'm having a hard time determining if a Prescott 520 will run a x64 instruction set.

I have an old server that I need to load 2008 R2 and run as a BackupExec server.

Here is the cpuz capture -

prescott.jpg


Thanks!
 
you'd be looking for the EMT64 tag to be able to tell if it can run x64 or not. i don't think the '520 has it. I believe you have to get into the 6xx pentiums to get it.
 
I think it starts in the late dual cores for x64 compatability. Honestly though your not missing much unless its for gaming.
 
yep, they made single core HT P4's that had EMT64. We sold tons of them a few years back.
 
Back
Top