Premium email service

F3rrum

n00b
Hey,

I'm looking for a good email service that I can use for job searching. Working in business and don't see gmail/yahoo emails as being professional. I know apple has their me.com service but its $99/year. Anyone have any experience with that?

F3rrum

I've had no issues with people putting Hotmail, Yahoo, Live or Gmail on their resumes. For some reason though, I'd be initially biased with AOL addresses. Frankly, I'd think Gmail is probably your best bet.

Edit: Gmail worked for me on resumes three times so far. I think it's more dependant on the username rather than the domain. [email protected] (5 points if you get the reference) will PROBABLY get your resume passed over, but [email protected] will be perfectly acceptable.

I use 1and1... I think I pay something like $5 / month and domain name is provided for free. I'm not sure about their current offerings but it's been a pretty solid service for me for the last 3.5 years that I've had it.

I use 1and1... I think I pay something like $5 / month and domain name is provided for free. I'm not sure about their current offerings but it's been a pretty solid service for me for the last 3.5 years that I've had it.

Yeh, you have imap.1and1.com, pop.1and1.com and smtp.1and1.com. You can have user@your_domain.com etc.

You can also access your email with the webmail they provide. And, you can install SquirrelMail on your site to access it. And, just access it with any external client you want.

But, yeh, I agree with the [email protected] or [email protected]. That should be fine.

I just recently started switching over from my ISP's POP3 e-mail to 1and1's IMAP service, and I'm liking it so far.

I can't recommend fastmail.fm enough. I've been using their free service for quite a few years now, not as a primary account, but I've had zero issues with it. Their web interface is fantastic, the IMAP implementation is rock solid, and it's reasonably priced.

Back