Pre-Purchase question. Server 2008 R2

Hallis

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 26, 2001
Messages
4,556
I've done some googling (is that a word?) to see if i could find this out so I figured I'd ask here due to lack of luck.

I'm going to be setting up a Phenom x4 9550 machine with some hardware that I've had laying around for a few months and wanted to see if i could work some virtualization into it. I don't think that my specific motherboard would support ESXi very well so I was considering Windows Server 2008 R2 for that + some other reasons like how I want to do my storage and access and multi-role thingies (tech term).

The major question i have is that. Will any copy of Server 2008 R2 I purchase come with Hyper-V or will I have to specify that like before R2? The e-tail literature has been a little vague.

Thanks,

Shane
 
If you aren't eligible for dreamspark then I suggest looking at technet. You can "test" a bunch of products for a very reasonable price - just dont use them in a production environment!
 
Back
Top