Power supply won't start

JAK

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
68
Hi. I had a few spare computer parts laying around, so I decided to build a computer in a cardboard box. Everything went fine, and I turned on the PSU. It worked, but then the mobo started beeping so I shut it down. When I tried to turn the PSU back on, it wouldn't start, even the fan wouldn't turn. The mobo is a pentium 2 mobo, and it only had a spot for a 20 pin connector. I was wondering if the 4 pin connector needed to be plugged in or not or if the psu was somehow fried. Thanks for your help.
 
was it an OEM board?

some OEM p2 boards had different PSU pinouts than standard ATX.. so if you turned it on iwth osmething that wasnt compatable, you probably hosed the board.
 
Hi. If you mean OEM like Dell,HP, etc., then no it wasn't. The 20 pin connector fit in fine.
 
Back
Top