Power Supply Replacement/Upgrade Question?

I recently purchased a Corsair TX750 PSU for my computer. However, I noticed a high pitched whining noise coming from it after playing games/doing intensive work, so I'm RMAing it with Amazon. Should I order the TX850 to replace it (I've read that people who have this problem and go for the same model again get have the same problem over and over), or go for a different brand? I have disabled features like C1E in the BIOS, to no avail.

My setup:
i7-950 (X58 Sabertooth)
10GB DDR3
2 GTX460 in SLI
4 SATA HDD's/DVD Drives

Thanks.

It's called coil whine, and it's present in every power supply. It just differs between each individual unit how loud it is. Some are louder than others, it's just really luck of the draw here. You might hear that same thing if you get a TX850, you might not hear that if you get the TX750 again. A 750 watt power supply is more than enough for your system, instead of going with a TX850, why not a HX750 for modular?

There is no problem at all, and unfortunately your replacement will probably have the same coil whine. Corsair is the top brand as far as power supplies go, and if your system is stable there is no reason to upgrade.

Back