• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power Supply for a SFF

fx9

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
1,159
I'm having some problems with airflow in my Tt lanbox, I suspect its the psu even though is a 500W Seasonic Modular psu, I still have a hard time hiding the cables and getting them clear so colder air can get to the cpu since the cables are so long. I've seen power supplies like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256027 that have shorter cables for a cleaner look.

Anyone else having problems with airflow due to psu?
 
i am in the market for a new Sugo03 gaming machine too.

what do people think about modular PSU's in a Sugo03, i ask because the better quality ones tend to be much deeper than ordinary PSU's.

does this present a problem in an 03?
 
i am in the market for a new Sugo03 gaming machine too.

what do people think about modular PSU's in a Sugo03, i ask because the better quality ones tend to be much deeper than ordinary PSU's.

does this present a problem in an 03?

The corsair modulars are small but if you need a big psu, like the big silverstone ones, it'll fit with little to no problems.
 
Yea the short cable set is a godsend. I have a ST60F 600w in my Lanbox, without the short set the extra slack would create a giant ball of cables in my case. I still use the regular length 4-pin motherboard connector since that routes underneath my motherboard, but everything else only travels a few inches, so the short cables give me enough reach and slack to maneuver the psu when i'm working inside.
 
Also consider the ST50EF-SC Silverstone PSU.

They are sweet. I just popped one in my QMicra V2 and its a godsend.
 
I have a FSP Blue Storm II. Nothing wrong with it. I only have one optical drive though, and its in the bottom slot. The top one is where I shove all my cables. Airflow couldn't be better.
 
Back
Top