• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Problems

murph

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
190
I installed a new DVD burner...booted up ok, got a boot problem, not power related. Shut down, removed new drive, tried to power up, computer powers on for a second then shuts down. I push the power button, fans spin, lights come on for all of .5 seconds, the shutdown.

I've had this problem before with this motherboard Soyo p4vda, and it sort of just resolved itsself on its own. I tried clearing the CMOS and I know the power supply is good.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
 
Sounds like unplug / reseat time to me. Things like the power connection(s) from the PSU, the RAM, expansion cards, etc. That's where I'd start....

Good Luck - B.B.S.
 
Back
Top