• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power draw diff. between 9500 Pro & 9600 XT??

bssman

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
89
I going to be purchasing one of these cards as they appear similar in specs and wondered how much power each one draws. Didn't see anything at the ATI site. The only reason I'm askig is I noticed the 9500 Pro has an extra power connector on it over and above the power it gets from the PCI slot. The 9600 XT does not have this extra connector. Does the 9500 Pro really draw that much more juice to require an extra power input?? My power supply may not be able to handle if it's considerably more. Anyone with some inside info?? THanks!
 
yes it does the 9600XT doesnt have it do to it being on the new low-k die tech
 
Back
Top