Postini users

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
Just sent my second inquiry to them this morning, so far no answer..they blew off my first inquiry.

I have 1 client that is unhappy with their current mailhost that does SMTP smart hosting for their Exchange Server.

The unusual part of this setup, their Exchange Server answers for 3x different domains...I've added a couple of additional domains to the default recipient policy. And they may add a 4th within a year. Only about 15x users so far, slow growth.

I prefer AppRiver for hosting, but granted their pricing is higher especially for businesses with smaller amounts of users, their pricing model is geared more towards larger amounts of end users.

Anyone familiar enough w/Postini to know if this affects their pricing? Or is 15x users still just 15x users to them, so 15 times the $12 per user.

I don't recall is Postini charges for domain alias like App River does. I am pretty sure you can do it.

Postini filtering sucks though.

Cat Of Ye Old Stone Ness,

I have one of my clients on Postini, and I think it was 15-17 dollars per user, per year.
If you are getting it for 12 bucks, that seems pretty resonable imho.

K1pp3r: I am curious why you say Postini filtering sucks. I am not starting any flame wars or such, but I am genuinely interested in your input. I have tried MX PATH, & Postini, and I have found Postini to be great, but in this forum I know many of you guys have specific reasons for disliking things, so I may be in the dark. Please elaborate sir!

K1pp3r: I am curious why you say Postini filtering sucks. I am not starting any flame wars or such, but I am genuinely interested in your input. I have tried MX PATH, & Postini, and I have found Postini to be great, but in this forum I know many of you guys have specific reasons for disliking things, so I may be in the dark. Please elaborate sir!

I'm not trying to flame anyone, i just dont feel like it is up to par. I had a client on it, they experience false positives, and they still got around 20+ spam to thier inbox per day.

App River is great filtering, but like the OP said, its expensive for small business.

K1pp3r:

I was looking on Appriver's website, and I don't see any particular information regarding pricing, I am only seeing an area to request a quote. By chance could you give me a rough ballpark of what Appriver's pricing is? I am open to giving them a shot over Postini, but if the pricing is crazy, I will dismiss it.

Good threat keep it going!

K1pp3r:

I was looking on Appriver's website, and I don't see any particular information regarding pricing, I am only seeing an area to request a quote. By chance could you give me a rough ballpark of what Appriver's pricing is? I am open to giving them a shot over Postini, but if the pricing is crazy, I will dismiss it.

Not really, they have different pricing tiers, you will have to call for a quote, or need a reseller.

K1pp3r:

For my client here...AppRiver quoted about 900 bucks. I have other clients on them..but larger sized networks...more mailboxes. What I like about AppRiver...great support, you call..you get a live body right away, they have great filtering, good reporting per use, granular settings, etc. They'll do outbound SMTP on custom ports also (non-port 25 for those clients on bandwidth that blocks outbound SMTP to servers other than their own)

But for smaller businesses, like this one client of mine...the pricing is a bit steep. Hence why I'm considering Postini...but as I'm noticing, just getting them to respond takes an act of God. I hate to see how painful they are if a client of mine has a problem with them.

But for smaller businesses, like this one client of mine...the pricing is a bit steep. Hence why I'm considering Postini...but as I'm noticing, just getting them to respond takes an act of God. I hate to see how painful they are if a client of mine has a problem with them.

No offense, but its google, what more do you want. The only reason i got a live person was because i became a reseller and then canceled the accounts i moved over to them lol

Price wise, you get what you pay for i guess. Have you though about something else? Some other hosted provider

No offense, but its google, what more do you want. The only reason i got a live person was because i became a reseller and then canceled the accounts i moved over to them lol

Price wise, you get what you pay for i guess. Have you though about something else? Some other hosted provider

No offense taken...I often use "You get what you pay for" myself. :D

Postini was a gold standard, but since Google assimilated them into the borg....who knows.

May ask MXLogic for a quote. Certainly open to other suggestions.

Okay, YeOlde should of got me on AIM I only use Postini.

First off, dont by through google, no support at all.

We buy ours through Excel Micro, $1.50 i think a month per email account. We can actually get a live person.

So one of our clients is the same way, has an office with 4 domains under it.

Email accounts are the same across domains:
[email protected]

So 10 users, only charging for 10 users. You can add the domains under it.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Only charged for domain.com, can add alias and all.

And Postini is still one of the better ones.

Back