Post Neatgear Lawsuit performance differences with the Asus RT-AC66U wireless router

It doesn't look to me like the lawsuit has been through all proceedings, so nothing has changed.
All the articles I can find on this are dated this month, and it looks like the lawsuit was only filed a month ago.
Chances are the courts have not yet done anything with this lawsuit, so there have been no changes yet (since there has been no outcome.)

Although I did finally find a link where, all Asus did was release a new firmware that decreased the signals. So chances are, any of them sold since July may have had an older firmware and, if that wasn't upgraded by the end-user, there's no change.

Since all this went down, Asus issued a new set of firmware that lowers output levels and deleted all previous versions from their website.
http://www.maximumpc.com/asus_mum_netgear_sues_company_falsifying_wi-fi_router_test_results_fcc2013

And given Asus's response Netgear and the FCC would just have to prove that Asus intentionally did so. Worse they'll face is a fine no more than a couple million if found guilty I'd assume.

Back