possible virus and/or defective mouse

Sage Osaka

Limp Gawd
ok i am going to copy/paste from my gamefaqs thread just because i didnt get much help over there. --> boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=916373&topic=35827969

ok so a couple of days ago, i clicked a bad link (on myspace somewhere) and (before i knew the link was bad)prompted me to download a flash extension for firefox. so i downloaded it and after a while i realized that it might not have been legitimate. so a couple days went by, and today i have found that my left clicks on my mouse arent registering like half of the time, and also that on my windows task manager it shows no processes as running. does anyone have any insight into this matter? I also did a system scan with AVG which turned up nothing.

ok, also just realized that i have to type "home.myspace.com" to log into myspace, because the original myspace (only to me) seems to not be the original home page. and also, when i try to copy and paste anything, it ALWAYS pastes "have you seen my new Myspace http://66.189.172.57/j42d2" this is just a false myspace home page which phishes your account and password by the way. i just used my mouse on another computer and it seemed to work fine. so there has to be something wrong with software somewhere.

UPDATE: just found that other mouses work fine on my computer, and my mouse fine on other computer, but my mouse wont work right, it acts as if holding down the left mouse button doesnt work sometimes, like i hold it down and it sort of flashes on my screen from being held and then unheld.

i would GREATLY appreciate any help or insight into my matter, and any thanks in advance.

My guess is it's a keylogger on your system, as those kinds of programs can effect how your mouse works.

Ok, well it now seems my print screen key isnt working, so i cant SS it. but i only have 5 processes running, or so it says in Process explorer and another nice similar program called Whats Running. so do you think if it was some sort of virus that is affecting my mouse, is it affecting my actual mouse hardware? or just how it interacts with my computer? should i reformat as quickly as i can?

Back