Possible Temp problems leading to BSOD

MadAsHeck

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
227
It has taken me a very long time to get my WC setup exactly as I would like, and now that I've gotten it there it seems that my temps are not very good and may be causing a BSOD.

System:
Silverstone TJ09
PA 120.2 in bottom of case w/ 2X yate loon fans (unsure of model #)
EVGA 680i w/ EG SLI WB on S.B. and Danger Den 680i WB on NB
Core 2 Duo E6600 w/ Danger Den WB
EK-RES150 Multi-Option Reservoir
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB w/ EG 8800 GTS WB
Pump - DD12V-D5
Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 6400C4
Silverstone ST75F 750W Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor X WD1500 and Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 inside of a Silverstone CFP51-B Aluminum 5.25" to 3.5" bay converter with 120mm fan
Soundblaster Xfi


The setup is very similar to Theories - http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123872. I inverted the MB tray and the res is in the same location.

When idleing I get TAT readings of 37-38C on the core, and Ntune shows GPU at 40C. This is w/ ambient temp of approx 75F. Also, so far neither the CPU or GPU is overclocked.

I was getting a IRQnot less or equal BSOD after gameing for a while. I enabled logging on TAT and Ntune and saw that while gaming my temps were getting into 50-52C for both the CPU and GPU.

Originally I had the 120 mm fan from the Silverstone CFP51-B Aluminum 5.25" to 3.5" bay converter as the intake and the 2 90mm fans on the back of the TJ07 as the exhaust, but I switched the 90mm fans to intake as well and left the 120mm fan how it was. I still have the mesh cover on the top of the case so I figured the hot air could exhaust from there. So far I havn't seen the BSOD again, but I havn't had time to game a lot since switching the fans.

Is 50C to be expected with only 1 PA 120.2 ? Is the BSOD related to temps, or is it possibly another problem? After getting it the first few times I did a full format/reinstall thinking it was drivers, but the problem is still there. Checking google most IRCQnotlessorequal BSOD's have to do with overclocking, but I havn't started to OC yet.

Also, I ran a Memtest on the ram thinking they were the problem, they passed 3+ hours of testing w/ no errors. And I am unable to get it Orthos stable even at stock settings. It will fail usually within minutes on both CPU and mixed settings.
 
Do a memtest for 24+ hours. I'm willing to bet it's your memory, or the timings.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a hallmark of memory failure.
 
Should I leave it on the default settings it starts at, or do I need to change any of the Memtest settings?
 
Make sure to give your RAM the full 2.1v it needs. Don't hesitate to try 2.2v.

50c is *not* hot enough to cause problems. You've got a good 30c before you get to the danger area.
 
I've pumped the ram up to 2.15, it had been at 1.8. I believe I forgot to put it back to 2.1 after trying to OC a while back.

So far, lots of gaming and no BSOD.

But, w/o OCing at all I am not Orthos stable. I just ran it on blend and it failed after just 3 minutes. Any idea what could be causing this? CPU temps according to TAT were in the mid 40's so it wasn't a temp issue.
 
Back
Top