Possible location for cheap pumps...

vbbartlett

n00b
My pumps needs upgraded and in the process of searching I ran across this website for Fountain Pumps . Only problem is that the min order is 40.00. However, that still isn't too bad and i ordered 5 pumps all of differing size and type to see which is the best. So I will have extras come a week from now. If they all perform well, i will have extra working minimally used water pumps. If you are not in a rush I will post my thoughts on each of the pumps I ordered.

agreed, they do put off heat into the water, however as i looked around for a new pump, either I spend 40 on ONE pump that is almost the exact as what I purchased... (vs 5 which I hope to use as spares/new computer cooling units) OR i spend 70-100 on a pump that reduces the heat output to the water... For cheapskates like myself it thought it was worth it!

PS anyone seen any studyies on water flow verse temp? I remember back when i first started there was a debate but no one ever actually tested it...

NICE, they are a bit hard to locate at first but I like the selection, and would highly recommend at least looking there. They have a selection of almost every pump style, type and brand have ever heard of and could be used for water cooling. And the best part is they seem to have very competitive prices. Hopefully someone will find the site useful!

Well I got the pumps in today and like most immediately had to play with them. I was quite impressed with several of them...

For me, my major concern is the ability of a pump to push the water to a certain level. Because the pumps are most often located at the bottom of cases, a pump should have the strength to push the water ABOVE the highest point of the system. Some are concerned with the pressure at this height but because of the cyphening property of water, once the pump has pushed the water above the highest point, it will then take the pressure off the pump so it will have the same gph whether the system is 1ft or 3 ft as long as the pump can push it above the systems highest point. All the pumps used Tubing 1/2" O.D. x 3/8" I.D.

Ok the first pump,
sub-0067-01.jpg
Rena Flow 300

This unil can be either a inline or a submergable. It has an 80gph rating. When in the submergable configuration it was able to push the water to 24", however in the inline config it pushed the water to 28"

the next pump,
sub-0067-06.jpg
Via Aqua 302
This unit is a submergable with all kinds of attachments and is rated at 120gph, however it could only push the water to 27 1/2". Personal note" this unit came with some intersesting attachments but many of them do not fit snuggly into the pump.

the third
sub-0067-05.jpg
Rena flow 400
this is also a submergable rated at 95 gph. It was able to push the water to 30"

The final pump
sub-0067-04.jpg
the Rena flow 320
This little unit as advertised is quite powerful for its size. None of the units were large but this one was the smallest by far! Alittle bigger than a golf ball it was able to push the water to 33" and as hight as 35 on the initial priming. The only draw back to this unit is the fact that it is a submergable.

Back