Portable MP3 Player Recommendations

DanniBoy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
147
Looking for a portable MP3 player that best fits me.

I have big fingers.
Not going to watch videos on it, just music.
Prefer to have a color screen but doesn't have to be.
Physical size doesn't much matter.
4GB+. (Flash, Hard drive, etc, doesn't matter and I don't think i need anything bigger than 40gb)
Something easy as hook up, drag and drop a folder of mp3z (no tagging correction BS), unplug, and play your music.
Big plus if mp3 player is file/folder structure like Windows because I don't tag my mp3z I just title the folder they are all in, so if it retains all that structure when i transfer into mp3 player that would be great.
Plays MP3, OGG, FLAC, and WAV formats.
Will be mostly listening to it in the car via tape adapter or fm transmitter. Hopefully it has a car charger accessory I can get.
Has to have decent sound. Will be playing trance, classical and some vocal, but mostly instrumentals.
Price: Has to be reasonable, something under $400 (just trying to be flexible)

Any recommendations or suggestions? Am I being wayyy too picky?

Thanks!
 
Saw the Cowon iAudio X5. Instantly loved it. Fits all my needs. Thanks!

That's a nice-looking player, although a little large for my tastes.

I was going to suggest the Sansa e280. I love my Sansa - you can drag & drop mp3s, and it will scan and categorize them. No need for a clunky database application - the database is built and maintained right on the player!

You don't have to use this feature - it will also let you drag & drop album folders, and it will simply organize the play order alphanumerically. I discovered this by accident because I copied over all my albums in their folders, but a couple of the albums actually didn't have tags, and I don't name my tracks alphanumerically :D

Well, enjoy your new toy.
 
Back
Top