poor overclocking w/ nf7 & axqe 0330 xpmw

erebus720

Gawd
Well, ive got a nf7 v2.0 newest bios vcc and vdimm modifcations,
i can reach 186x12 @2.23 with pc 2100 @ 1.8 2.5-3-3-7
and 2.215 210x11 with hyperx ch5 3500 modules @ 1.8 2.5-3-3-7

i cant run any tighter rimings on the hyper x modules - ive read about some issues with nf7/s and hyperx 3500 modules
i have a rma of the modules coming tommorow, i would think if my ram IS bad i could reach higher speeds on the chip with the proven stable pc2100 from one of my servers, its seen 200fsb at 3v. Im going to assume that my board is bad or some other factor
i had problems before vcc and vdimm mods & ive seen this EXACT chip reach 2.6+ on my phase change and a friends nf7s i would think i could get more out of this nf7 its been awhile...last board and chip to run under my phase change was kr7a raid and a tbird 1.4 ayhja @ 1.7

temps...im having fine temps 40c load, im just using a volcano 9 until i fix this problem and i finish constructing my housing for the phase change also the nb cooling is fine im running a large copper sink for now (wc pelt will go on with phase change)

any help would be aprreciated

Try 11-3-3-2.5 timings, these give a nice little boost to memory bandwidth, 3DMark and can give you a bit more FSB, I run 220FSB on my AN35N Ultra using these.

Regards, Szandor

mmm ill try new timings tonight, my ram came in, and i get my compressor working again tonight hopefully, anyways anyone got some more ideas? thanks.

No luck, new modules didnt help. Im going to retire this into my farm, should i stay with abit or go with a dfi infinity. ive never dealt with anything serious other than abit and epox any suggestions?

Back