Pond Jump 2015

Rednecks. Unfortunately, what starts with "Hey, Y'all, Watch This!," doesn't often enough end with the death of a Redneck. More often than not, a human with an IQ above 85 is the victim of the inbred, methed-out, protectors of "White Power!"

BTW, I'm white, I'm just surrounded by CSA-waving knuckle-draggers. It gets old.

http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/iqclassifications.htm

What did you make of the video itself though?

LOL, ok, this looks like it was an awesome fun time to attend this event, but the video is super confusing and drags on way too much in places. I'm just over the 2 minute mark now, and going to try to be kind and constructive about this... but WTF. lol

First off, really needs some context. Seems like a bunch of random unrelated clips strung together for no reason. Maybe some captions to explain what ties all these together, what's about to happen, and some funny comments about each segment. Shorten the opening title by a couple seconds, and pick a fun font that fits the mood.

Second, the background music doesn't fit - AT ALL. You have these dramatic orchestral things going while some rednecks do goofy "hold my beer and watch this" type stuff. Get some funny redneck music going to lighten the mood. Those 2 guys playing guitar at the beginning seemed good - maybe just take more of that happy rock/country type stuff and put it under the rest.

And... then 8 minutes of fireworks... it's cool, but I really don't want to sit through 8 minutes of it.

There were a couple shots that dragged on too long. I would cut the shot of them pulling the car out of the water into 3 or 4 pieces and let it skip around a little, and shorten that shot to about 5 seconds. And same with the shot of the balloon launch - cut it down from ~28 seconds to 8-10 seconds. Then cut the fireworks down to the best minute or so. Cut the whole thing down to about 4 minutes, put in some fitting music, and put in some fun text popping up to tell people what's going on. I think that'd improve it a lot.

And lastly, on the composition, make sure to keep things centered vertically, and take advantage of the thirds as much as you can. Most of your exposures were pretty close - could have been brightened up a little, especially the balloon launch.

Fun video though! Hope that was helpful and not too insulting. Cheers! :cool:

LOL, ok, this looks like it was an awesome fun time to attend this event, but the video is super confusing and drags on way too much in places. I'm just over the 2 minute mark now, and going to try to be kind and constructive about this... but WTF. lol

First off, really needs some context. Seems like a bunch of random unrelated clips strung together for no reason. Maybe some captions to explain what ties all these together, what's about to happen, and some funny comments about each segment. Shorten the opening title by a couple seconds, and pick a fun font that fits the mood.

Second, the background music doesn't fit - AT ALL. You have these dramatic orchestral things going while some rednecks do goofy "hold my beer and watch this" type stuff. Get some funny redneck music going to lighten the mood. Those 2 guys playing guitar at the beginning seemed good - maybe just take more of that happy rock/country type stuff and put it under the rest.

And... then 8 minutes of fireworks... it's cool, but I really don't want to sit through 8 minutes of it.

There were a couple shots that dragged on too long. I would cut the shot of them pulling the car out of the water into 3 or 4 pieces and let it skip around a little, and shorten that shot to about 5 seconds. And same with the shot of the balloon launch - cut it down from ~28 seconds to 8-10 seconds. Then cut the fireworks down to the best minute or so. Cut the whole thing down to about 4 minutes, put in some fitting music, and put in some fun text popping up to tell people what's going on. I think that'd improve it a lot.

And lastly, on the composition, make sure to keep things centered vertically, and take advantage of the thirds as much as you can. Most of your exposures were pretty close - could have been brightened up a little, especially the balloon launch.

Fun video though! Hope that was helpful and not too insulting. Cheers! :cool:

Thank you for your honesty and forthrightness. Have a lot of work to do it seems

Back