• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Points increasing?

LaTech

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
3,831
Hey,

I don't know if anyone's asked this before or not...but I have a question. I've been folding for a while (not quite a year, I think...or if so, just barely) and I've noticed that to get to my first 100,000 points took what seemed like forever, but the second 100k points are 3/4 done. Does anyone understand the logic of that? And, if so...could you explain it to me?!

LaTech
 
There are a few causes of "point inflation"--big WUs get a large bonus, QMD's get a large bonus, and the benchmarks are run without assembly optimizations.

 
Hehe, not for me...I just happened to check my stats twice within a few hours and I turned in an 11 point WU! WTF is that? I don't even see an 11 point WU listed in Stanford's list of currently running projects. Is there a way to get partial credit for a WU?
 
If it has an EARLY_END. Most of the time caused by an unstable processor, but also some bad WU can cause it too.
 
Talk about big WU - Just checked EMIII -
I've got a 1,112 pointer and a 592 pointer cranking on my X2 - 500ppd, one box.
 
I've noticed things like that occasionally when I check the stanford pages for my user stats. I'll see some users with justabout the same number of points as WU's and I'm at the opposite side of that. not a lot of WU's, but gaining in points.

like right now it's 85 wu's and 11337 points where as someone who hasn't folded in a long while might have 400 wu's and roughly the same points.
they just seem to be worth more now
 
yea the pts are increasing it used to be you had an almost 1:1 ratio in pts/wu
 
Back
Top