• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Points all messed up... Villin the problem?

towert7

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
2,930
Hey there. Strangest thing is happening.

My P4 2.8GHz computer with HT on and two consoles has got a
P745_Villin
and a
P746villin

Each is getting about 21.7 Points Per Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this box only putting out 42PPD?????? Normally it averages 225-250PPD.
Is there just something wrong with running two villin's at once using the same core(core78)?

I double checked to make sure there was'nt anything wrong with the computer, and there is'nt.... both are running at 50% (so a total of 100%).

It seems every computer that I have that has gotten a villin has really had low points.....

Does anyone know why the points are all screwd up? or is there just a problem with the villin proteins that stanford has yet to address?

~Towert7
 
I've had some pretty low point WU's the past two days too on my P4 2.8(oc to 3.2). I just run one client on it though.
 
Villins are killers, my 2100+ gets about 26-30PPD on those guys and they are only worth 210pointers. It sucks!!
 
Good, then its not just me. I wonder if there are problems with the protein and the core.... I'll have to check out the stanford forums.... and if there is'nt a problem, they should really up the points (especially if they calculate points on a P4 2.8GHz................).
 
towert7 said:
Good, then its not just me. I wonder if there are problems with the protein and the core.... I'll have to check out the stanford forums.... and if there is'nt a problem, they should really up the points (especially if they calculate points on a P4 2.8GHz................).

Amen, bump them up to 600pters and I'll be happy. 210 just isn't much for the time these take. I thought it was a AMD issue with them.
 
Hm, it seems they pulled the villen proteins from the "Currently Running Projects".
 
Well, I asked this question on the Stanford forum, and they said because of a "Improper client termination", when the computer restarted the two cores did not enable the SSE boost.....

(there was a power outtage).

Well, I stoped and restarted the Services and now it says
[19:56:58] Extra SSE boost OK. in the log file, so Ill have to see what my new PPD comes out to be.
 
towert7 said:
Well, I asked this question on the Stanford forum, and they said because of a "Improper client termination", when the computer restarted the two cores did not enable the SSE boost.....

In that case, you'll want to append the -forceasm switch to your service entry, that way after an improper shutdown, F@H will force SSE to be used.

You can append this entry using the tool found here.

Or you can modify the registry entry directly at the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\FAH@C:+....

And append the -forceasm switch to the ImagePath key under that folder.


 
I'm running -forceasm and it's still slow you crap. Oh well, it's about done. 168hrs for a 210pT WU on a 2100+ is crazy.

 
Thanks for the info p[H]ant0m, I added those tags.

Now that the SEE boost is on, im getting a total of about 170PPD, which is much better then 42, LOL.

~Thanks
 
Back
Top