pny 6800u available

centvalny

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
3,272
pny distributed new batch of 6800u on 09/08 to retailers like compusa, Frye etc. Check your local store. Don't be surprised though, this card use reference pcb and driver f/ nvdia. It is generic card (but it is fastt). You can use any 6800u driver(MSI have a few good ones)
 
Sigh.....I have heard so many bad things about PNY I am scared of them. (Particularly their service and support) Maybe they make sub-par products or maybe FUD worked on me. For 500 bucks, I like to feel very very sure about things.
 
if ur scared of spendin 500 bucks, take 100 away from that and get a GT :D


-PNY !!!!!! ( maybe the only one)
 
I've already got a BFG ultra on order at outpost, but thought really hard about cancelling and getting the Verto from Compusa. If I was going to get a GT I would have already done it. Though it also underwent heavy contemplation. I am a sucker for clock speeds. :eek:
 
Worldhammer said:
Sigh.....I have heard so many bad things about PNY I am scared of them. (Particularly their service and support) Maybe they make sub-par products or maybe FUD worked on me. For 500 bucks, I like to feel very very sure about things.

Been waiting over a week for PNY to respond to me about a technical problem :/
 
PNY seems fine with me. They answer my emails promptly and sent new stuff quickly when i had to send in RMA.

Of course with my tech background I make sure stuff I send in is genuinely defective not a newbie fuckup. ie, software, power supply, cooling, cheap motherboard, broken connectors, short somewhere.

I guess PNY don't wanna finance your PC learning curve *shrug*
 
Gibzilla, i hope your not referring to me. My card came to me missing 1 of the 4 core heatsink screws. I did not realize it until my card reached nearly 100C.
 
I did read the Sunday morning paper, looking for video card and saw the Compusa on sale of PNY 6800 Ultra. I had a long thought about the GT or Ultra so I will go with Ultra for long term and cooling card. I better get going (open 11:00am) before it sold out because I have a hard time getting the GT, alway sold out. :eek:
 
Back
Top