PLZ HELP! X800XTPE problems with ATITOOL

armaniazn1

n00b
Hi

I'm running ATITOOL 0.0.22 and trying to overclock my X800XT PE. I turned off Temporal AA before I started.

My problem is that when I run "Find Max Core," it just KEEPS GOING UP until it reaches about 550MHZ core. Then the artifacts start to pop up, then the screen goes black or the whole computer resets.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem and how to get a stable overclock core value?

Btw, I can the stock AGP voltage setting is 1.5 and the only options are 1.5 and 1.7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Have a nice day. :cool:

***System specs***
AMD 64 FX-53 940, ASUS SK8V motherboard, 1 gig OCZ PC3200, HIS ICEQII X800XT PE

Unfortunately, this is a documented problem with ATiTool and the X800 series. You'll just have to catch it before you get the jibberish.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there's a previous version of ATI TOOL that works with the X800 series? If not, are there any other overclocking programs that can detect the max core/mem? :confused:

armaniazn1 said:
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there's a previous version of ATI TOOL that works with the X800 series? If not, are there any other overclocking programs that can detect the max core/mem? :confused:

I think this is the only program this HAS find "max"...Just time it and then lower it and scan for artifacts until they are gone...

Back