Please wait while the installation continues error shutdown whs 2011

demon1

n00b
Hi All
Hope somebody can help me out. I just purchased Windows home server 2011 and am trying to install it in an old dell xps 220. duel core processor with 4 gigs of ram.

Everthing seemed to be going fine until I believe the last part of installation.
The Desktop appears and another screen pops up with "Please wait while the installation continues" and after about a minuite i get an error message An error has occurred while setting up your server [save logs or shut down] what i do is hit the ctrl-alt-del and the Task Manager comes up.
Then i End Task and my desk top comes up. Every think works OK. ..but when i click on the icon dashboard ...in the server it says [ you have not finished setting up whs 2011 .You cannot open dashboard until you complete the server setup] Need Help ...........installing from a cd disk.

I tried installing the connecter software on my laptop with the same error resuling. Google reveals no answers to this problem

I have completely given up on WHS 2011! I spent most of last weekend trying this out and after roughly 7 installs with different settings/hardware I gave up.

Back