Cpt Twitchy
Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 22, 2004
- Messages
- 636
I am trying to come up with a system that costs about $600-$700 for a friend. He needs everything, monitor (would like LCD) mouse, keyboard and speakers. This rig wouldn't be used for gaming but a general e-mail, internet and general use. If anyone knows of any good OEM deals out there that would be great.
As for building him a rig this is what I'm thinking
Raidmax case w/ PSU http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-167&depa=0
Chaintech VNF3-250 http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-043&depa=0
Retail A64 2800+ http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-485&depa=0
Abit 9550 http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-123-147&depa=0
512MB Corsair value select http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=20-145-026&DEPA=
Samsung floppy drive http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=21-103-203&DEPA=
A 160Gig HDD from Best Buy or frys when they have their deals going.
Lite on keyboard (have one and Love it) http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-123&depa=0
15" CMV LCD http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=24-024-002&DEPA=
Logitech MX 310 optical mouse http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=26-104-136&depa=0
NEC Dual layer DVD burner http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-035&depa=0
Codgen 2.1 speakers http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=36-135-002&DEPA=
OEM Microsft XP Home Edition http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=37-102-151&depa=0
The total came out to $792.66 not including shipping. I'm sure there are some places I could save some money such as a Different Monitor, DVD rom and some othere stuff. Feed back and tweaks on this system would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of a OEM equivelant system for an equal or lesser price.
Thanks
Twitchy
As for building him a rig this is what I'm thinking
Raidmax case w/ PSU http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-167&depa=0
Chaintech VNF3-250 http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-043&depa=0
Retail A64 2800+ http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-485&depa=0
Abit 9550 http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-123-147&depa=0
512MB Corsair value select http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=20-145-026&DEPA=
Samsung floppy drive http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=21-103-203&DEPA=
A 160Gig HDD from Best Buy or frys when they have their deals going.
Lite on keyboard (have one and Love it) http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-123&depa=0
15" CMV LCD http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=24-024-002&DEPA=
Logitech MX 310 optical mouse http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=26-104-136&depa=0
NEC Dual layer DVD burner http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-035&depa=0
Codgen 2.1 speakers http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Description=36-135-002&DEPA=
OEM Microsft XP Home Edition http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=37-102-151&depa=0
The total came out to $792.66 not including shipping. I'm sure there are some places I could save some money such as a Different Monitor, DVD rom and some othere stuff. Feed back and tweaks on this system would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of a OEM equivelant system for an equal or lesser price.
Thanks
Twitchy