• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Please offer some advice

tHoM

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
85
I'm a LCD and widescreen newbie but for my new rig i'm looking at getting a widescreen monitor, for a good price.

At the moment i've found this is the best one for its price:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116373

nice price, dvi, 8ms, sounds good! but the only thing i'm worried about is the weird 16:10 resolution, 1440*900, I'm pretty sure most modern games support the res but not certain.

Also anyone with experience running a xbox360 on this monitor, does it scale well to the vga cable's res?
 
read this, it might help. hopefully you can stretch to a 20" widescreen.it's worth the extra dollars in the long-run.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/139/widescreen-tfts/products.html

I went for the acer in the end. I use it for xbox360 and pc and i'm well impressed
the 360 should look alot better on a 20" as it can run in high def 720dpi

you can always force most games resolutions just look up on google. I did this with quake 4 tonight and graphics have gone from a load of pants to the badgers nadgers!!!

sorry i have no 1st hand experience of 19" widescreens tho but hope it helped :)
 
Back
Top