Please help in 27" decison?

Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
2
First i have to say that this is a very nice forum, a lot of information can be found....:)

Hi, right now i have a dell 24" 1920x1200, im thinking to upgrade to a 27" (300-400 us) prefered LED.

I usually play games on my computer, wich one you recommend me, im very confused about the reviews that i have read?

i know for the price that it will be 1920x1080, do you think that will be to bad to go to a low resolution?

Sorry for my English.

Thanks very much for reading my post
 
One quick question, have you considered a 32" TV as a monitor?
 
no i havent cosiderer a tv as a monitor......

i think that 1080p in a 32 inch its going to be very low resolution, or i am wrong?

Thxs
 
OK, so if I get a 32" LCD TV for use as a monitor, its native resolution is 1366 x 768 or 1080p-quality signal down-converted to 720p-quality image. A 37" LCD TV would display 1920 x 1080 or 1080p. For gaming use can the 1080p signal be used by the 32" TV and show 1080 quality just like the 37" TV or does it get down-converted anyway?
 
Well there are 32" 1080p panels. My friend uses one as his main monitor. It works well, just has a tiny bit of input lag, but it's playable. you only see it if you're looking for it... like bezels. Though that's a conversation for later.

Anyway, I'd say if you can get a good deal on a dell u2711, go for it. Though I'm sure you can get a used dell 3007wfp for less.
 
His budget is 3-400, i doubt a u2711 will be that much. Used 3007wfp is possible but unlikely.
 
His budget is 3-400, i doubt a u2711 will be that much. Used 3007wfp is possible but unlikely.

oh, didn't read all of the first post. I got my 3007wfp off of craigslist (except for one on here) and those two off were 300 and 400 bucks. I suggest looking there.
 
oh, didn't read all of the first post. I got my 3007wfp off of craigslist (except for one on here) and those two off were 300 and 400 bucks. I suggest looking there.

whoa. you got lucky. Guys around here want 2x that much.
 
whoa. you got lucky. Guys around here want 2x that much.

I know, as my last one cost me ~$720. I'm hoping I can get lucky again, there's not a lot of them around hampton roads, but they pop up from now and then, and it's fairly easy to talk people down on craigs.
 
Originally posted by suiken_2mieu
Well there are 32" 1080p panels. My friend uses one as his main monitor. It works well, just has a tiny bit of input lag, but it's playable. you only see it if you're looking for it... like bezels. Though that's a conversation for later.

What brand and model number is your friend using?
 
AVS has a huge on going thread about using LCD TV's as PC monitors.

Its certainly possible to do but only a few monitors will work decently.

OP I'd look at this PLANAR LCD and see if its available at a decent price in your country. My boss has 2 of these and they look good. You do start to notice that things look a little jagged around the edges though at 1080p.
 
See if the AOC e2795Vh Review is on avaliable. It uses an MVA panel and has good colors, deep blacks and a fast response time.

Same goes for the Acer B273HLOymidh Review, it is just as good as the AOC, except has even better black levels but a slower response time.
 
Back
Top