Plantronics .Audio PC Headset Speaker Switch

If have onboard sound you may not even need it.

1. Connect your speakers to your on board
2. Connect your headphones to your X-Fi
3. Switch sounds cards instead of components: Quick Sound Switch

Well, that's how I do it anyway. ;)
 
I'd rather use my x-fi for both my headphones and speakers though... That isn't fair to my speakers, lol.
 
That is what I do, because really I found there was no good alternative because my front headphone port picks up some hiss.

As for plugging into onboard, no offense, but that seems silly and entirely defeats the purpose of buying a sound card.

Eventually I would like to get the next Xonar card which is rumored to have both a headhphone jack AND a line-out jack on the rear bracket.
 
As for plugging into onboard, no offense, but that seems silly and entirely defeats the purpose of buying a sound card.

Not silly if the sound card is specifically for head phones. The optical output from my on board works just fine thank you very much.
 
Not silly if the sound card is specifically for head phones. The optical output from my on board works just fine thank you very much.

That's assuming that your speakers are passive speakers powered by an external amplifier and DAC. For an overwhelming majority of people who use speakers with a computer, that is simply not the case. And almost all sound cards in the consumer and prosumer market are not designed specifically for headphones.

Anyways, we're getting off point. I just wanted to clarify. The OP in question is using Swans M10 which is an active speaker system.
 
I use the same program to switch between my audigy/speakers and xonar u1/headphones. It'll work with any amount of soundcards you have in the system.

Oh! This is good news! This will be handy when I want both HDAV and the new headphone amp Xonar one. Thanks!
 
Back
Top