Phenom Quad cooling?

remarkc

n00b
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
37
Maybe this is a stupid question but I am relatively new to building computers. I need a cooling solution for my CPU because my Phenom 9500 idles around 47-50 degrees celsius and is around 60+ under some moderate load. Also my M3a-32 claims to be at 49 degrees idle which PC Probe thinks is too high noted by its annoying beeping warning sound. I don't know if these temps are actually too high or what so I need some advice. Also my motherboard is a 790fx mobo and a socket am2/am2+ board so what cpu coolers can I use? Any that say am2 compatible or must they be am2+ compatible as well?
 
Maybe this is a stupid question but I am relatively new to building computers. I need a cooling solution for my CPU because my Phenom 9500 idles around 47-50 degrees celsius and is around 60+ under some moderate load. Also my M3a-32 claims to be at 49 degrees idle which PC Probe thinks is too high noted by its annoying beeping warning sound. I don't know if these temps are actually too high or what so I need some advice. Also my motherboard is a 790fx mobo and a socket am2/am2+ board so what cpu coolers can I use? Any that say am2 compatible or must they be am2+ compatible as well?

AM2+ and AM2 mountings are the same, so no worries there. The Thermalright Ultra-Extreme 120 (with AM2 bracket) is generally accepted as pretty much the best CPU cooler around.
 
I use the Arctic Cooler Pro for my Ph9500 in an Antec NSK4400 case. My idle temps are around 36C and full load on all cores maxes out at about 48-50C. I think that as long as you have your setup in a case that has some airflow and are running your CPU at stock speeds, just about any halfway decent cooler will do the trick.
 
Back
Top