• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Phantom 500 vs. Powerstream (OCZ520ADJ)

essfor

n00b
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
62
Good evening,

Just wondering how the phantom 500 stacks up against the Powerstream? I'm looking for a quiet PSU, is the powerstream sufficiently quiet? I know the Phantom would be quieter given that is the whole idea for that product. However if the Powerstream has other undeniable benefits over the Phantom that would factor into the equation, also for the users with a Powerstream how is the noise level?

Thanks!
 
Fan-cooled part time versus fan-cooled all the time.

My Powerstream 420W isn't very noisy at all, but it does produce quite a bit of heat. If you're going to get the Phantom 500, do make sure you've got good ambient/case temperatures, as that PSU will want to dump heat into the case.
 
davidhammock200 said:
Totally different classes of PSU's! So get a Seasonic S-12 & be happy. :D
Not even! I think the upcoming NeoHE has all the benefits of the Seasonic S12s, and more features to boot.
 
Nice, I like the looks of the HE, wonder when it is coming out in Canada.
 
Technically NeoHE is not upcoming as we've shipped the 500's to Best Buy already. Not sure who else has them on order/in stock at the moment.

edit: granted no reviews from folks you all trust.
 
Back
Top