Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (Tempered Glass) mod: possible to add a switch or any suggestions?

silkshadow

n00b
I'm about to put a down payment on this case. My one mod I want to do on it is to include the fan LED on/off system from a Bitfenix case.

So I have these Bitfenix fans that can be switched on or off. The way it works is, in their case, they have what looks like a simple 2-pin board (this) that you plug their switch into, then you plug the LED leads from the fans into it and you can turn on or off the LEDs.

I'm not skilled, so I could use any advice on this honestly. However what I really need to know is:

• On the Enthoo Evolv, is there any space on the little plate that the front USB ports are on for a switch? Also, what is that plate made of and can it be removed so I can dremel or drill into it?

• Otherwise, any other places I could put the switch or any way I could integrate this 2-pin board with the existing LED switch on the case?

• Lastly a long shot but, if you can tell from the picture/functionality, is the LED switch from the Bitfenix case in any way special or do you think I can use any normal switch?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back