PFSense Install Issue, won't detect HDD

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Everytime I setup and configure PFsense and then select option 99 to install onto my HDD. It says no drives detected? What's up with that? I'm using a 120GB sata WD Caviar SE

Have you tried install windows xp or some other form of OS/firewall distro to see if it detect your hard drive? Check your cable connection. Maybe it lose or something.

Have you tried install windows xp or some other form of OS/firewall distro to see if it detect your hard drive? Check your cable connection. Maybe it lose or something.

Tried installing Vista, works fine. =/

Installing Untangle and it works just fine as well. Guess I'll stick with UT =/

Ay, pfsense doesn't support SATA yead, and a 120gb hard drive is WAAAAAAAY overkill. I mean its a waste. PFsense uses less than 1% of that. Use a CF card and an CF to IDE adapter. Or use a microdrive, I had a friend who couldn't get PFsense to work on his setup until he used a microdrive, even though he had previously been using monowall just fine.

Try the new 2.0 snapshots. I've been running 2.0 for the last two months and it works well.

I installed the new 2.0 on my brand new Intel DG45FC mini-ITX board that only has SATA ports on it. It's been working fine.

Riley

Back