Perfect Dark done?

Movieesa

Gawd
Just curious why does no one talk about htis title anymore? Was it a really good game or just a decent launch title? Thinknig about getting a 360 now and I was going to buy it used

The game's single-player mode is very... lacking. The multiplayer was good, but now that GRAW is out, there's no need to go back to PDZ. GRAW is much, much better in every aspect.

I love PDZ MP online. The SP is ok, but the MP is great.

The multiplayer if really fun, but you'll find that you end up having to play against bots as a lot fewer people play it these days. I still love and play it, so feel free to join a game with me if you see me online playing over live. My gamertag is the same as my forum handle.

THe single player left me kinda pissed off. The save points are often annoyingly far apart, and you sometimes literally end up having to repeat like 30-45 minutes of a level if you die.

PDZ Multiplayer is great fun (I haven't tried GRAW yet as I didn't like the previous games on the X-Box) I've had PDZ since launch and only recently got around to completing the single player (which was a bit... annoying). I'm now trying to get all the online achievements, so If you see me on give me a shout.

buy it when it hits 20 bucks...that's about all it's worth.....It's buggy...Multiplayer is fun, but of limited value....sorta one of those games that's fun for the first few hours and then everybody hates it and doesn't want to play it the next time they come over.

I now change this thread to a discussion on whether or not the original Perfect Dark will be available for download on the Revolution.
I hope this.
I hope you all do as well.

It was an average to mediocre game. They really ruined the franchise and thus many people including me lost their faith in RARE.

Staples said:
It was an average to mediocre game. They really ruined the franchise and thus many people including me lost their faith in RARE.

I had no prior experience with Rare, but i'm impressed with Kameo. While I couldn't care less for any more PD sequels, i'd love to see one for Kameo.

did they destroyed the dark side of this we all loved in the n64 with the manga style?

What's GRAW? Sorry for the stupid question. I looked on Gamespot and didn't find anything that matches that acronym.

Nobody talks about it because it was a so-so game that's 6 months old. There's not a lot of talk about Kameo, Gun, Quake 4, etc. either.
I never liked the N64 shooters, so this one did nothing for me either. I'm of the opinion that the older games were so-so but just because they were one of only 2-3 good shooters on a console, they blossomed. I feel the same way about Halo, FYI.
Now that consoles can properly handle a PC-calibur shooter there's no excuse for releasing one that isn't. Hence why Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2 are mentioned more often.

Back