peltier options

Abadon

n00b
so i was looking at the freezone cooler from coolitsytems for my system, but after an email they told me that the cpu and 2x G80 support will be out within a month or 2, so i was looking around the net and seeing that pelitier effect blocks are gonna consume a lot of power for the system i need (2x 8800 gtx + amd x2 5600)

so i read up on TEG (thermo electric generators) that use seebeck effects that can return energy based on the heat of the processors, now the question is a) are these a worth while investment to protect my hardware or should i just wait for the freezone cooler to be made available for my setup b)if they are worthwhile what specific TEG manufacturers are good to buy from

While using peltiers in generation mode ,may seem like a good idea , I'm not sure if it's practical for use on a heat sensitive item like a cpu or gpu.

Generation using peltiers typically needs a 100 degree difference to work ; if you maintain the cold side @ ambient (say 25 C) that means the hotside is 125 C (fried processor).

Also , the efficiency of TEG modules is very low.10watts(@6v) per module is the avg I saw.

So to answer your question , I'd say these are not a worthwhile investment.You are more likely to damage your equipment using these than protect it.

Back