PDA web browsing

Zekenstein

n00b
First off, what's the range on bluetooth? If i wanted my PDA to be hoked up to the internet via a bluetooth hub on the my PC is this possible and if so, then back to the first question of how far is the range of bluetooth, would it be better to just have a 802.11G hub? Also, I know HP's pocket PC's have a browser, what is internet browsing like on the PDA's? the screen is small so is it even really possible or highly restricted? What if I wanted to log onto [H] and post or fileplanet to see whats new? Thanks in advance guys.

The range of the Bluetooth devices varies for device's classes.
Look there: -->> Bluetooth

Class | Maximum Permitted Power(mW) | Maximum Permitted Power (dBm) | Range (approximate)
Class 1 | 100 mW | 20 dBm | ~100 meters
Class 2 | 2.5 mW | 4 dBm | ~10 meters
Class 3 | 1 mW | 0 dBm | ~1 meter

Zekenstein said:
First off, what's the range on bluetooth? If i wanted my PDA to be hoked up to the internet via a bluetooth hub on the my PC is this possible and if so, then back to the first question of how far is the range of bluetooth, would it be better to just have a 802.11G hub? Also, I know HP's pocket PC's have a browser, what is internet browsing like on the PDA's? the screen is small so is it even really possible or highly restricted? What if I wanted to log onto [H] and post or fileplanet to see whats new? Thanks in advance guys.

I browse on my 8125 using WiFi. I find that even in landscape mode, the screen's resolution is too low. It's only good for reading blogs. Anything else and the page has to be reorganized, which just seems kind of annoying to me. I didn't like using it for forum reading. If you really want to browse the web on a PDA, I'd recommend one with a VGA screen like the Dell Axim.

Back