PCMCIA adapter question

Judd Sandage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
187
I'm looking to build a car PC and was looking to use a pcmcia HDD like the ones in iPods, but I need to find something that can take the connector, and somthing for the PC to copy files aswell. has anyone heard of or seen a usb adapter that can do this, or mabey I'm just going bonkers... but I think it would be good and be a bit more shock resitant then a 3.5 inch hdd and mabey a little better then the 2.5 inch laptop hdd, "edit" but the main reson I want the pcmcia drive is because its designed to be hot swapable and is a small format size.. and come in realitvly large sizes

any info would be apreciated
 
What does hot swapability have to do with shock resistance? :confused: Also, I was under the impression that Ipod hard drives used the standard IDE interface. Anyway, there are pci -> pcmcia converters all over the place. Would that work or does it have to be usb?
 
I know that a laptop hdd is abit more shock restant then a 3.5" desktop drive but I was looking for a more elagent solution of haveing the pccard type hdd behind a panel pop open the panel and pull the drive out and have a 3.5" spot on my computer to pop it in to to trasnfer data, and I should have clarified my post, in fact I will.
 
Back
Top