PCI Express MB for 939 pin AMD?

geltab

n00b
Is there a motherboard out right now or to come out soon that has pci express and will fit the new amd 3500 (939) pin?

Thanks

Does anyone have any info showing we might see these sooner?

I'm looking to build a pc for college this fall and I want something with a long lifespan upgrade wise (read: socket 939 and pci-express).

I'm suprised AMD has let their mobo partners slip like this, one of the main successes of the amd64 line have been in gaming.

Maybe I can borrow my friends computer for the first month of school. I hate being a poor college student :-(

What do you guys think would be the best course of action if I can't get 939+pci-express this summer? The reason I want them is so in say 2 or 3 years I can drop in a new processor and maybe a vid card as an upgrade and not worry about a new mobo etc. Is this upgrade scenario a reasonable expectation?

Proneax said:
What do you guys think would be the best course of action if I can't get 939+pci-express this summer? The reason I want them is so in say 2 or 3 years I can drop in a new processor and maybe a vid card as an upgrade and not worry about a new mobo etc. Is this upgrade scenario a reasonable expectation?

In 2-3yrs AMD will have a .65micron process out...probably. Its really hard to look that far out into the future anymore in the pc industry sadly. Not to mention ddr2 and sata2. But I doubt that ddr and sata will disappear in 2-3yrs

People always got hung up on a 'future proof' motherboard. Heck even I'm guilty of it sometimes. We forget that your motherboard is really one of the cheapest components in your system. Buy something now and when you feel the need to upgrade in 2-3 years buy a new motherboard for $125.

Back