• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pc speaker... into regular speaker?

Blast3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
239
Quite a while ago I came across a program to turn your pc speaker into a working sound speaker, not just beeps. I thought I would never have a use for such a program. I now have a 75mhz laptop that only has a pc speaker and no sound outputs. Does anyone know how to change this? Btw its a toshiba satellite 100cs
 
Im not sure what you mean by working sound speaker. Do you mean the laptop speakers only make beeping noises? i.e does not have a sound card?
 
Originally posted by ycchan
Im not sure what you mean by working sound speaker. Do you mean the laptop speakers only make beeping noises? i.e does not have a sound card?
Yea the laptop only makes beeps, no sound card.
 
Not sure if this will help, but there was a little program called "speak.exe" back in the Win3.1 days that would allow desktop sounds (and pretty much any .wav files) to be played over the PC speaker.

Hit Google with that info and you might luck into a modern version...
 
Originally posted by Hal|9k
Not sure if this will help, but there was a little program called "speak.exe" back in the Win3.1 days that would allow desktop sounds (and pretty much any .wav files) to be played over the PC speaker.

Hit Google with that info and you might luck into a modern version...
That almost worked lol. It wouldnt let me select those drivers. Its running 95.
 
You can try getting a PCMCIA sound card and plug a set of external speakers.

I don't know whether the card will control the laptop speaker as well
 
Back
Top