PC Power & Cooling Fail

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
10,346
I've always liked these supplies, pricey but they always delivered. Now I've had TWO of them die on me within 6 mos of each other (different rigs at least). Both of them mere months out of warranty.. :rolleyes:

replaced the last one with a Seasonic due to cost, and probably do the same now. Dammit.
 
Have you considered checking the mains wiring in your home? Maybe there's some funky stuff going on with that.

/random thought
 
PCP&C aren't what they used to be. I've had 3 370 watt units fail in pretty non-demanding configurations. Even when they were what they used to be I wasn't fond of their acoustic characteristics (loud)
 
I think on the high end they still sell just as good as the used to. But obviously OCZ has made them be a little more margin driven on the sub $100 PSU end.
 
Back
Top