partitions on 200GB disk

jrg70

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
84
I’m getting ready to do a clean install of Windows XP Pro.

I’ve got a 200GB disk (Seagate SATA 7200 RPM/8MB buffer) and am wondering what kind of partitioning you may recommend. I know about the 137GB barrier. I’m sure I’ll put at least two partitions on there. I've always put Windows on it's own partition and left 2-3 other partitions for programs and storage and stuff. But is that really necessary? Would it make a difference if I just made 2 100GB partitions and went from there?

What advantages or disadvantages are there with a little or a lot of partitions?

System specs:
Asus P4C800-e Deluxe
P4 2.8C (512 L2 / 800 Mhz)
1GB Mushkin (2x512 running in Dual Channel)
Seagate SATA 7200 RPM/8MB buffer
 
how do you make a second partition on it to use the rest of the drive (after 137gb)

i also have a 200 gb hard drive that i just got, and right now all i can use of it is 137gb and i really need the rest asap.

how do i make another partition on it?
 
Back
Top