Painting a PS?

Nexrus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
164
I'm really wanting to buy the Antec 850 power supply... the only problem is the bright yellow doesn't match anything I have. Would it be possible to paint over it with black or blue with some type of heat resistant paint?

Thanks
 
Yes - but you'd probably want to take it apart and only paint the case and not risk spraying paint onto the innards. This would likely void your warranty.
 
Yes - but you'd probably want to take it apart and only paint the case and not risk spraying paint onto the innards. This would likely void your warranty.
Yeah I had planned on taking the case off when painting it. Is there any particular type of paint that people use to do this?

Why not opt for a psu that you don't have to paint? A Corsair TX750 is around $80

I want the extra watts and I also love modular cables
 
Sand it down with 400g sand paper, then spray with a cheap rust paint, like tremclad or rustoleum.

Say gbye to your warranty too :)
 
Back
Top