Painting a keyboard.

Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
5
yo yo yo,

I'm feelin to give my keyboard a cool design. However I have never done a mod like this before so I need some advice.

I'd like to actually paint my keyboard and I'm not sure what pre-cautions I should take. Can I just take a bottle of spray paint and go at it or do I need to take some steps before hand so I don't screw up the keyboard?

I'd appreciate the help.

-FnM
 
I think it would be kind of cool to paint the keys, but if you do that I would say you would be fine to just pop them out and use some plastic paint.

However, I dont know anyone that has done this, but im sure you need to take some precautions if you are doing the whole thing so ill let someone else help you if you are planning on painting the whole keyboard.

Good luck and get pics!
 
if i was you iw ould use that krylon stained glass paint on they keys that way they would ahve a cool color but you could still see what they were....and use regular fusion on the keyboard frame.
 
depends on how you want ur keyboard. Its all in the prep. rule of thumb, whenever u just straight spray paint ANYTHING it looks like ass. You need to sand, primer, sand paint, sand clear. Take the keys out, mask it where u dont want the paint to go, then paint it.
 
I know 2 people who have tried this, you want to take each individual key off, and the electronics out CAREFULLY, then use a plastic or hobby paint on it, it looks really bad ass if its done right... but good luck!
 
Back
Top