• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

P4 best CPU Heatsink

sfrail585

n00b
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
6
I just rebuilt my system into a Sonata case. The case is great, but theres still noise coming from the cheap cpu heatsink/fan I bought to start out with, and the 9800 pro fan. I was wondering what you guys think would be the quitest heatsink/fan that would keep things relatively cool. I've heard Zalman makes a really good one. Not really interested in OC'ing, no minimum noise is my goal, not necessarily power cooling. Also I was wondering if you can do anything about the noise the 9800 pro fan makes. Do they make replacement silent fans for video cards? Thanks for the help
 
For the Pentium 4, get a Zalman CNPS7000A. There is a aluminum-copper version that is a bit cheaper and lighter, and an all-copper version that has slightly better cooling properties and looks a little better. Both run very quiet and are among the best Pentium 4 coolers.

Just search for "CNPS7000" at NewEgg to see both options.

For the Radeon, get the Arctic-Cooling ATI Silencer 1. It's a very quiet, effective solution. One especially nice feature is that its enclosed design expels warm air directly out of your case, not just inside your case.

Here is a direct NewEgg link:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-113&depa=0
 
Back
Top