p180b and GameXStream 600

KayWhy

n00b
Hello,

This is my first time visit this website, and i love it! I recently bought an Antec p180b case with Asus p5w delux mobo. I have heard that many PSU's cables aren't long enough for this case.

I am just wondering, does OCZ GameXStream 600Watts be long enough for my case? I did a search at this website, but i can't find my answer heh.

I'm looking at the same case and psu as well, so this was one of the exact same questions I was going to post. :)

Its possible after removing that PSU cage and the 120mm fan from the lower section. I would suggest moving the fan anyways to the upper tier to get better airflow. As for the cables, if they're standard, then it shouldn't be a problem. The only forseeable problem would be your 4/8 pin mobo connector. Mine just barely reached. So to be safe, I'd say get an extender.

It should be enough, but i'd get a different psu than the GXS, for the reason, of ripple.

p180b + corsair 520hx I can guarantee it will reach (as mine reaches on my ASus board which places the 4pin way at the top)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can someone please give me a suggestion on which PSU that has at least 550watt and the cables are long enough for this case?

the corsair is only 520w but i highly recommend it.

powers my rig with no problems.

Hey thanks for your suggestion keldegar. Unfortunately the place where I buy my stuff do not sell corsair psu, but i am glad that corsair works well heh.

I am planning to get one made by either Seasonic, Antec, Cooler master, OCZ, Thermaltake or Enermax.

Anymore suggestions :p ?

Well do not get a antec smartpower 500 watt. They have known issues with capacitors. I have had thisi problem with two. Really try to get a Corsair 520hx, it is capable of SLI, quiet, and gets great reviews. It is also built by Seasonic. I would head over to the PSU forum, lots of info there.

Hi Bbq,

I have heard a rumor that some Seasonic S12-EP 550 don't fit and there is a version 2 of this model?

Do you have p180 and Seasonic as well?

S12 EP should be fine. The only thing I recommend with the EP, is to have the intake facing down, and the spare cables on top of the power supply.

Me, I have a P180 and an OCZ Powerstream 420.

Back